Trump Victory,White House occupied by Donald Trump
- Donald Trump has won the presidency in a stunning upset that surprised pollsters and media alike.
- Hillary Clinton called Trump to concede the election shortly after Wisconsin was called for the Republican candidate, sealing his victory.
- The former secretary of state did not make a concession speech, instead she allowed advisor John Podesta to tell the crowd at her party in New York’s Javits Center to go home. She’s expected to make a concession speech this morning.
- In his victory speech, Trump called for unity, praising Clinton for a hard-fought campaign and saying “Now it is time for America to heal the wounds of division.”
- Oakland, New York, Los Angeles and Washington DC have seen anti-Trump protests overnight,
- burning Trump effigies and smashing a window at the Oakland Tribune.
- The Republicans won big all round – maintaining and strengthening its control of the Senate 51-47 after wins in Florida, Pennsylvania and Indiana. Congress also remains Republican controlled 236-191.
- Asian stocks and the US dollar dropped after news of a likely Trump win – and bounced back slightly overnight, but all eyes on the market this morning.
Clinton Congratulate on behalf of Trump success
Clinton congratulated through Phone call
“This is a really tragic, unfortunate, terrible disaster”
Hillary Clinton supporters reacted with shock and sadness early Wednesday morning, as she suffered a stunning upset loss to Republican Donald Trump in the 2016 presidential election.
The rally at New York City’s Jacob K. Javits Convention Center—where Clinton supporters gathered beneath a glass ceiling heavy with symbolism—was split into two dramatically different halves.
5 reasons why Trump Win us Presidential seat